25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Thursday, October 25, 2012

UDI Inspiration Challenge #156

Hello everyone! This week’s Inspiration challenge is for Halloween, and I’m determined to make a banner for every holiday and occasion.  I already have a rockin’ reversible one for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which I will post next month, but with today’s project, I now have 3 holidays covered! Woohoo! ;D

UDI Inspiration Challenge 156

Okay, so it’s really hard to take a good full picture of a banner, but here goes! I used the largest Apothecary Label Framelit to make panels out of Glossy White card stock. Then I used one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits to make the Champagne Glimmer Paper layer.  The letters are from the Letter It stamp set and are stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Pumpkin Pie ink. I ran them through the Big Shot with another Apothecary Accents Framelit.

IMG_2929

For the “space panel” between the words I used two sizes of Oval Punches to make the pumpkins. The spider, web, and “eek” stamps are from Spooky Bingo Bits.

I did take the opportunity to use up some of my retired supplies on this project.  The brads are from Sale-A-Bration, and the Striped ribbon at either end is retired, as is the Baroque Motifs stamp I used to make vines under the pumpkins. You could easily substitute any flourish for that stamp though, and any brads and ribbon would work as well.

IMG_2930

I used my piercing tool and mat to make the holes for the brads, but at each end I used the circle punch from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to make holes to slip the ribbon loops through.IMG_2931That’s it for now. I may decide to add some embellishments later. I think the characters from the Goulish Googlies set would be cute as add-ons here and there. I may wait and add to it next year to change it up a bit. I’m planning to add on to the simple Thanksgiving/Christmas banner I made last year, too, but that’s another post!

Hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s project.  Take a moment to create something to make someone’s day!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment