25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

UDI Color Challenge #106

 

Hi, Everyone! Today I’m sharing this week’s Color Challenge from Utah Divas International, a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who love to stamp and share ideas. Be sure to stop by the UDI blog and see what the rest of  the design team came up with!301273_4253551831476_966735389_n

Here is my card:

UDI Color Challenge 106

I love this stamp set! It’s full of awesome quotes.  Here is what I used:

Stamp Set: Pursuit of Happiness

Card Stock and Ink: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede

Accessories: 2-step Bird Punch, 1-1/4” Scallop Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Pack Punch,Apothecary Labels Framelits, Pearls, Jumbo Pearls, Scallop Dots Ribbon, dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Snail Adhesive, Sponge Daubers, Bone Folder

The card base is Night of Navy Card Stock, and the next layer is Bashful Blue.  I wrapped the ribbon around the top of the card front and glued a separate bow to it.

I used a Sponge Dauber and sponged Soft Suede Apothecary Label with Soft Suede Ink and popped it up with some Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy Ink on Bashful Blue Card Stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the next smaller Apothecary Label Framelit from the one used for the Soft Suede layer. Then I sponged it with Night of Navy Ink.

I used the 2-Step Bird Punch to punch all of the leaves in Certainly Celery Card Stock and sponged them with Certainly Celery Ink. I punched smaller flowers using the flower punch from Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack and sponged them with Cherry Cobbler Ink. I love decorating with these little flowers, and they’re so easy to work with! I just punch as many as I think I’ll need, and then I stick them on the glue dots while they’re still on the roll. That way they don’t get lost or blown away on my craft table, and I can peel and stick them when I’m ready. I used the largest of the regular Pearls for the centers.  For the large flower, I punched one 1-1/4” Scallop Circle, one of the large flower from the Boho Blossoms Punch and another Itty Bitty Shapes Pack flower all in Cherry Cobbler.  I sponged them in Cherry Cobbler Ink, layered them with glue dots, and added a Jumbo Pearl for the center.

And there you have it! Hope you’ve enjoyed this project and that it inspires you to create something to brighten someone’s day!

Happy Stampin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment