25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Saturday, October 13, 2012

UDI Sketch Challenge #210


Hi, everyone! We’re having some work done on our house, so this week’s been kind of crazy.  I was so excited to see this simple sketch for the weekly challenge at the UDI blog.  Be sure to stop by and check out the great creations of the rest of the design team!
divasc210sketch
Here is the card I made:
UDI Sketch Challenge 210
SUPER CINCHY! Woohoo!
The base is Tempting Turquoise. I used Summer Smooches Designer Paper layered on Daffodil Delight card stock for the banner. I punched butterflies from Glossy White card stock (love them!), and finally I stamped the sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness stamp set and the butterfly from Itty Bitty Shapes stamp set in Pacific Point ink.
My tip for the day is that I used a square punch to make the points even on the top layer of the banner. Then I layered it on a strip of Daffodil Delight card stock and took the square that was punched and used it to measure the place to punch the yellow card stock.  I used it as a guide to mark where to cut with a pen, and then turned my punch upside down so I could see my mark through the punch window. I made sure the pen mark was evenly spaced AND inside the window so it would be cut off when I punched the cardstock, and tadaaa!
I hope you enjoyed today’s challenge and that you’re inspired to create something to make someone’s day!
Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute card...love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking card, Michelle! Thanks for the tip on getting the banner points so perfect and even on two layers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to be a butterfly, LOL! GREAT card and simple but very elegant. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete