25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Saturday, September 1, 2012

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

 

Hey, I’m back!  I’ve signed on to the design team for Utah Divas International’s Saturday Sketch Challenge in order to force myself to be more faithful in updating my blog! So here’s my first sketch:

DSC204-001

…and here’s the card I made based on that sketch:

UDISC204

Pretty fun, huh?  I like the simplicity of the layout.  I’ll put the details below for those who are interested. Be sure to stop by the UDI Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with!

Okay, now for the directions:

Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Tempting Turquoise, Champagne Glimmer Paper

Stamp Sets: Every Little Bit, Sassy Salutations

Accessories: Big Shot, Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) Chevrons, Pearls, Versamark Ink Pad, Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pals, Heat Tool, Scallop Square Punch, 1-1/4” Square Punch, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Snail Adhesive

I used a standard card base of 5.5” x 4.25” in Bravo Burgundy.  Then I cut a 5.25” x 4” layer of Tempting Turquoise and ran it through my Big Shot with the Chevrons TIEF. I used snail adhesive to glue it to the base, Then I punched 3 scalloped squares from the Champagne Glimmer paper.  After rubbing a scrap piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock with my Embossing Buddy, I stamped the flower from Every Little Bit in Versamark 3 times and the “Feel Better” stamp from Sassy Salutations once. Then I laid the scrap in my Powder Pals tray and sprinkled them with Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder.  After tapping off the excess powder, I used my Heat Tool to melt the embossing powder, and punched each flower and the sentiment with the 1-1/4” Square Punch.  I used Mini Glue dots to adhere the flower squares to the Scallop Squares, then put a dimensional on the back of each one to layer them in the lower right corner of the card. I added a pearl to the center of each flower, and I used Mini Glue Dots to stick the sentiment to the Turquoise layer.

Super simple! It took more time to type it out than it took to make the card!  Hope you’re all having a great Labor Day Weekend, and that you’re getting a chance to break into your craft supplies for a little fun!  Check out my online store if you need more supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment