25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Color Challenge #102

Hello! I really love today’s Color Challenge from Utah Divas International.  Aren’t the colors pretty?
217984_4246308730403_1171858695_n

And here is my card:
Color Challenge 102 (1)
Stamp Set:  Elements of Style
Ink:  Pool Party
Cardstock: Pool Party, Green Gumball, Whisper White, So Saffron, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Pearls, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Dotted Scallop Border Punch, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Decorative Label Punch, 2-Step Bird Punch, Blossom Builder Punch, Bone Folder, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

I used Pool Party ink to stamp the flourish from the Elements of Style stamp set on the Pool Party layer. I also sponged the label with Pool Party ink.

For the flower, I used three 1-1/4" scallop circle punches.  I folded them all in quarters between the scallops to mark the center. Then I cut between the scallops to the center to remove two scallops from the top layer, and one scallop from the middle layer.  I used a glue dot to join the ends of the scallop circles together, overlapping one scallop in from the edge. For the bottom layer, I continued folding it in half between the scallops all the way around so I could shape it better. (Clear as mud? feel free to email me with any questions you may have.) This leaves you with one whole scallop circle and two cone-shaped pieces.  I placed the narrower cone on my fingertip, and pressed the point into the tabletop to flatten it and turn my cone into more of a cup. The bottom of the cup ends up being just wide enough to fit a glue dot. I did the same thing with the other cone, added the glue dots to the bottom of the resulting cups, and layered them all together to make my flower.  The Leaves are made with the Blossom Builder Punch and scored and folded with a Bone Folder.

I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory, but if you run into any trouble, I'm happy to answer any of your questions. In the meantime, have a great day, and take a moment to create something to brighten someone's day.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment