25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

UDI Color Challenge #101

Hello again! Woohoo! This will be my 3rd post in a week.  Yay for challenges! As I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve joined three design teams primarily because I love challenges, but secondarily to help me keep my blog fresh!  So far, it’s working, and I’m having a wonderful time!
Here is today’s Color Challenge:
UDI Color Challenge 101
Very patriotic!
…and here is my card:
UDI Color Challenge 101 (2)
I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I used a similar layout on one of my swaps for convention this year, and I was glad to have a chance to switch it out with some different colors.
I’m really enjoying working with the stitched satin ribbon in all of the new In Colors, and this month, for every $40 you spend on a Stampin’ Up! order (before taxes and shipping), you get a spool of your favorite color of stitched satin ribbon FREE! Woohooooo! LOL! I’m all about the freebies!
…and because I like to carry my designs to the inside, here is the inside:
UDI Color Challenge 101 (1)
Okay, here are the supplies needed:
Cardstock: Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Pursuit of Happiness, Merry Minis
Punches: 1-1/4 Scallop Circle, Scallop Edge Border, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Merry Minis Punch Pack
Ribbon: 3/8” Midnight Muse Stitched Satin
Accessories: Pearls, Sponge Dauber, Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Glue, Paper Trimmer, Bone Folder

The card base is Raspberry Ripple. The Midnight Muse layer is 3" x 4".  I cut the ribbons 1.5" longer than the side they were glued on, then folded them back at an angle to hang down under the flowers. The Whisper White layer is 2" x 3" stamped in Midnight Muse ink.  I sponged the edges with Raspberry Ripple, but now I'm wondering if it would have been better with Midnight Muse or both? Dunno.
Use Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch to make the Raspberry Ripple edge on the Whisper White layer. Punched the 4-petal flowers in Whisper White with the punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.
For the larger flowers, punch three 1-1/4" Scallop Circles and fold them in half between the scallops all the way around. Then bunch them up a bit to get the shape you want and glue them on. I used the Star Punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack to make the Raspberry Ripple centers and added Pearls to the centers of all of the flowers.

Inside, cut a Whisper White panel 5" x 3.75". Use the star stamp from the Merry Minis stamp set to add decorations in the corners. 2 of the stars are stamped off.  The Midnight Muse edge is 1.75" x 5" punched on one side with the Scallop Edge Border punch. Glue that over the left side of the white panel, and voila!
You could make the blue strip a bit narrower if you have a lot you want to write, but sometimes I think it's nice to have a small space so you aren't as pressured to write a long letter. ;D

Hope you've been inspired to create something fun today. See you Thursday for the Inspiration Challenge! In the meantime, happy stamping, and be sure to stop by the UDI blog to see what the rest of the design team made this week!


7 comments: