25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday Challenge #3


Hi, everyone! It's Week 3 of  Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday Challenge, and time for another look at our color palette of Purple, Green, Black and a Neutral.

This week I chose cardstock in Perfect Plum, Old Olive and Whisper White. I ran the card base through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder.  I decided to do a little 2-Step Stamping, and since I'm actually using this card for a group swap, I stamped the flowers and leaves from the Awash with Flowers set randomly on a full sheet of Whisper White cardstock and then cut it in 4 pieces to make fronts for all my cards.  It didn't quite work as well as I'd hoped, but this is one of the better pieces.

I stamped the flower outline in Concord Crush Ink, then used the Baby Wipe technique to stamp the solid flower in Perfect Plum and Old Olive.  The leaf outline is stamped in Old Olive while the solid leaf is in Certainly Celery.

After cutting the White layer, I sponged it with Concord Crush and Old Olive. I added a folded scrap of Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Basic Black between the top two layers, and  a greeting from the With All my Heart set stamped in Old Olive ink on Whisper White with a Perfect Plum Scalloped Oval behind it. I popped the greeting up with dimensionals.

All in all, a pretty simple card!  Go to the UDI blog to see what the rest of the Design Team came up with today!

5 comments:

  1. this is so pretty michelle. don't you love the polka dot folder. it's one of my favorites. love the ribbon accent. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol! I absolutely love ALL of my TI folders! I think I'm addicted! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING! I drooled over this one when it arrived! Can you remind me what the baby wipe technique is? I certainly have the tools for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You most definitely do, my friend! You need a baby wipe and re-inkers in various colors. fold the babywipe in half or quarters so there's a a few layers between the ink and the bottom. I use a paper plate to put it on so the ink doesn't go through to my table. Take the re-inkers and squeeze a couple of drops of each color next to each other randomly until you have a patch big enough for the size of your stamp. Use this as your stamp pad. DO NOT "pat" the stamp more than once on the wipe unless you want your colors mixed! I found that out the hard way. The results may be slightly different than mine because my baby wipes were a bit on the dry side, so the ink didn't spread out as much. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally copied this card a few times over!!!! I love this one. So versatile and yet so personal.

    ReplyDelete