25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

UDI--Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday Challenge #1!!!

I am so excited about Utah Divas International's new weekly challenge!  It's called Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday, and all of the themes will be inspired by The Wonderful Wizard of Oz or Wicked, the musical.  There is SO much fuel for inspiration in these sources.  The other kicker in this challenge is that each theme will last for a full month!  I'm excited about that, too.  While it may be challenging with some themes, I think that's kind of the point, and I think more often we'll find that seeing what everyone comes up with in the early weeks of the month will help us all springboard on to even more exciting creations by month's end! 

Okay, now that I have that out of my system, here's my card for the first week:

The theme for March is Purple, Green, Black and a neutral in any combination.  When you think of it that leaves a lot of room for creativity, since we have 3 purples, 6 greens, and a huge variety of neutrals if you look at the confetti, naturals, and glossy in addition to the Neutrals Collection.  When you look at all those choices, I suppose we can settle for the limitations of having only one black. : )

I used several greens and purples in this one, but I started with a card base of Basic Black and used Perfect Pear cardstock for a mat and layered another Basic Black piece on top that I ran through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder.

I used my 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch to make the Concord Crush circle, and I layered a piece of Springtime Vintage DSP, stamped with the Friends stamp from the Vintage Vogue set.  I have to say that set is one of my favorites!  The big green circle is a piece of Always Artichoke punched with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch and run through the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder.

I punched a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock with the 5-Petal Flower Punch and added a flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pak in Whisper White.  I attached them with a green Glimmer Brad and popped them up with a Whisper White streamer stamped with Certainly Celery and Concord Crush ink from the Vintage Vogue stamp set.

I really enjoyed playing with this theme and can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with and play with it again next week!

Check out the UDI blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with this week!

2 comments: