25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

UDI Color Challenge #25

So, here's the color challenge for this week.  I have to admit as challenges go, this one stumped me more than others have.  Mainly, because I don't think I've ever actually used Basic Gray in anything.  As evidence, I submit the completely empty scrap folder labeled Basic Gray and the fact that I had to open the paper pack to use it in this project.  I'm a firm believer that you can add white to just about any combo and make it work, but if you can believe this, I actually ran out of white cardstock! I'm not exactly sure how that happened...um, yeah.  But I like to stretch my creativity, so after some gnashing of teeth, here's what I came up with.  Not entirely sure I'm happy with it, but I can definitely say that I'm seeing Basic Gray in a new light, and that after all was the point, right?




I used Rich Razzleberry as a base, and Tempting Turquoise for a mat.  I ran my Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel over the Tempting Turquoise in Basic Gray ink.  I had a large scallop square from the Scallop Squares Duo in Rich Razzleberry left over from my Valentine's Day projects with the heart shape punched out of it, so I layered it over the Tempting Turquoise and a square of Basic Gray cardstock, which I ran through the Big Shot in my Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder.

I punched a few 5-petal flowers out of So Saffron, and used the Itty Bitty Punch pack to make the centers from Perfect Plum.  I stamped Thinking of You from Silhouette Sentiments on So Saffron in Rich Razzleberry ink, then punched it with the Modern Label punch.  I ran over all of the saffron pieces with the Very Vintage wheel in Basic Gray.  Then I cut out a butterfly from the Very Vintage Wheel stamp.   I didn't like the way the Turquoise mat looked, so I tore the top and bottom edges and balled up the scraps to make the flower centers.

I think I may try it again and see if I can do something I like a little better, but to the ladies (and gentleman) at UDI, my sincere thanks for helping me stretch my thinking!

Happy Wednesday!

http://utahdivasinternational.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment