25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Friday, March 4, 2011

UDI Inspiration Challenge 137

Here's the photo for this week's UDI Inspiration Challenge. Looks delicious!  My first thought when I saw this picture was "Great! I'm out of white cardstock..." Then I remembered I have a pack of GLOSSY White! YIPPEE!!! Yes, small things amuse me.  It was perfect to represent the shiny white dishes! The yellows and blues and white in this photo remind me of some of my favorite quilting fabrics, paired with eyelet lace bedskirts and breakfast (or brunch) in bed.

So here's my take on the photo:
This is probably the simplest card I've made in months! The card base is So Saffron The next mat is Marina Mist, and the top mat is, of course, Glossy White.  I brought in a quilting theme by using the eyelet border punch on the bottom edge of the white layer, and adding a Marina Mist Square Lattice diecut, which always reminds me of a double wedding ring quilt.  I added a 1/4" blue grosgrain ribbon secured with a white ribbon slider from Hodgepodge Hardware.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped in Marina Mist ink on Bashful Blue cardstock and punched with the 1-3/8" by 5/8" oval punch.

See? Simple! and lots of fun. Hope everyone's ready for a great weekend!

2 comments: