25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Amy's Card



Here's a card I made for my friend, Amy's, birthday.  She had told me a great story about taking her 3 sons rollerskating for the first time and how great it felt to see the awe on their faces as she gracefully zipped and twirled around the rink. She had obviously been elevated to Super Cool Mom status and felt pretty euphoric.  The story inspired me to make this card, and Amy gave me permission to share it with you!

I used some DSP from the Clearance Rack and Regal Rose and Melon Mambo for the mat layers. I punched a strip of Whisper White with the Scallop Edge Trim punch.

I don't know that I can explain all the punched pieces on the skater, but I can tell you that her shirt is cut freeform from a piece of Perfect Plum Cardstock I had run through the Big Shot with my Petals a Plenty Textured Impressions folder. After that, the body and skates (including the wheels) are made with the Medium Jewelry Tag punch. The elbow and knee pads are made with a circle punch and then I used one of the smaller oval punches to punch out pieces from around the edge of the circle.

Her head and hair is made with a 5/8" x 1-3/8" oval punch.  I used the same punch to make layers in her hair. the top two layers are pieces from the same oval.

Finally, the Helmet was made with the 3/4" x 15/16" Oval punch.

The letters are cut from Schoolbook Serif Alphabet stamped in Melon Mambo on Whisper White cardstock, then mounted on Perfect Plum cardstock and cut freeform with scissors, mounted again on Concord Crush cardstock and cut again freeform with scissors.

I think the rest is pretty self explanatory.  I had a lot of fun playing with this picture, and I have to admit, it came out better than I expected. Happy Birthday, Amy!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite gift ever! Thanks for not mentioning the super duper crash! LOL! Your really inspiring my friend.

    ReplyDelete