25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday #7

Hi, everyone!

For week # 3 of Mr. Wizard’s Cogs and Gears theme, I chose to feature the Loads of Love set.  After all, there are definitely some gears in there somewhere, right? 

WWW 7 (2)

So I used Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock.

I ran the Very Vanilla piece through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions folder and used a Sponge Dauber to highlight embossed parts with Bashful Blue ink. I used a Blender Pen and Pacific Point, Basic Black, Bashful Blue and Cherry Cobbler inks to color in the truck and the trailer (I thought the card needed an extra load of love!) 

I used the Rough Type set (retired) and Early Espresso ink for the greeting on the front, and I crumpled the cardstock and sponged it with more Early Espresso ink before adhering it to the card.  Then I added two small Eyelets with my Cropadile and tied a piece of Hemp Twine (one strand separated) through the holes.  It’s hard to tell in the picture, but I popped the truck and trailer on Dimensionals.

Inside, I added a layer of Very Vanilla and edged the sides with the Eyelet Border punch. The stamp is from Loads of Love and is stamped with Early Espresso ink.

WWW 7 (1)

I hope you enjoyed this week’s challenge.  Be sure to check out the UDI Blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment