25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

UDI-Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday Week #6


IMG_1562

Hi, everyone! It’s Week 6 of Utah Divas International’s Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday, which uses as its themes elements from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and the musical, Wicked.  Themes last for an entire month, giving us opportunity to fully explore the possibilities.  This is the 2nd week of the Mr. Wizard’s Cogs and Gears theme, and I mixed two sets: A Sense of Time, and Plane and Simple.

Here’s what I used:

Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso

Ink: Basic Black, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, More Mustard

Embellishments: Antique Brass Eyelets, Linen Thread

Adhesives: Snail, Dimensionals

Tools:  Cropadile, Sponge Dauber

I  crinkled the crumb cake layers and used a sponge dauber to sponge early espresso ink around the edges and across the folds. I stamped the clock hands in basic black and popped them up with dimensionals, and the plane is early espresso ink on crumb cake, but now I’m thinking I should have stamped it in basic black to match the clock hands and the greeting. I used dimensionals on the greeting and the plane, too, and I lightly sponged early espresso around the edges and across the ivory piece everywhere except the clock face. I think it makes an interesting blend of past and present to go with the greeting.

I hope this has inspired you to make your own wonderfully wicked creations! Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love the color and the combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! It was actually inspired by one of your cards!

    ReplyDelete