25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hello, everyone! It's time for another Saturday Sketch Challenge from Utah Divas International.  Here's today's sketch:

And here is my card:


I had a lot of fun with this one, and I got to use up all those scraps of Soho Subway designer paper I had after the last few weeks' posts! I enjoyed this one so much I used it as inspiration for one of my swap cards at Stampin' Up! Convention this week. That's right! I'm at convention in Salt Lake City right now with THOUSANDS of stamping crafters all in one place.  And it's Stampin' Up's 25th Anniversary, so that makes it even more exciting! It's a lot of fun, and I'm running on energy reserves! I'll write more about convention and share more of my swaps after I get home and have had a chance to recover and process everything. :D

Back to my card--here's what I used:

Stamp Sets: Label Love, Forever With You
Ink: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Soft Sky
Scraps: Soho Subway Designer Paper, Island Indigo, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Crisp Cantaloupe Card Stock
Punches: Artisan Label, Decorative Label
Embellishment: Calypso Coral Baker's Twine
Tools: Big Shot, Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

I randomly stamped the border stamp from Forever With You on my Crushed Curry Card base.

The scraps layer is fun and simple to make. I took a piece of card stock and covered it with snail.  Then I laid my scraps in random patterns. It doesn't matter if the pieces overlap a bit or hang off the edge. Just make sure all of the snail adhesive is covered. Once the layer was covered, I turned it over, and used the base card stock as a guide to trim away the over hanging scraps. Then I ran the whole thing through my Big Shot in the Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

After attaching the Early Espresso, Calypso Coral and Scrap layers to the card base, I took a length of Baker's Twine and tied a bow in the center. I attached the bow to the top center of the scrap layer with a glue dot, and attached the ends with glue dots before attaching my punched layers with dimensionals.

I stamped the Label Love stamp once in Cajun Craze on Crisp Cantaloupe and once in Chocolate Chip on Soft Sky. I punched the Crisp Cantelope label with the Artisan Label punch, and I cut just the inner oval from the Soft Sky image. I popped the Soft Sky oval with another dimensional, and it's finished!

I hope you enjoyed this weeks sketch and my project. Be sure to stop by the UDI Blog to see what the rest of the design team made with this sketch! Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment