25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, so Valentine's Day was on Monday and it's now almost Thursday...  I'm running just a teensy bit behind! But I had so much fun making my Valentines this year, I had to share, and I think the ideas are usable with a few tweaks for other occasions, so here's to inspiration!

For my "Grown-up" girlfriends, I made a swivel card using the Big Shot and my Scallop Circle for the back, and the Circle, 3.5" Circle and 3" Circle dies for the front.  I attached the 2 layers with a brad so you can swivel the top open to read the message inside.  I also used the Circle die to make a DSP liner for the inside.
This card has Sunny Garden DSP and is embellished with Rhinestones, a metalic brad, grosgrain ribbon and glimmer paper. The stamp sets are Simply Said and Monogram Sweet.


This card uses the Be My Valentine Stamp from the last page of the Occasions Mini. I stamped it twice and cut out the banner portion and popped it up with Dimensionals.  It's difficult to see in the photo, but I added a couple of Rhinestones in the centers of the flowers on the big heart. I used the small heart punch to make the hearts out of Glimmer paper found on page 7 of the Occasions Mini. The layered flower under the brad is made from the Boho Blossoms punch

 This one uses Victorian Crochet Trim, and Pearls.  I layered the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch and 2 Fancy Flower punches with a 1-3/8" Circle punch for the center. The leaves are made with the wing from the 2-step Bird punch. I popped the flower up with dimensionals, and the brad is hidden under the ribbon.
 I used Rose Red Seam Binding Ribbon found on page 16 of the Occasions Mini for the bow and the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit die for the bottom layer of the monogrammed heart. The brad is hidden under the glimmer paper heart at the top.

The Melon Mambo cardstock is embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder. The 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon is scrunched on a line of sticky strip.  A scrap of Victorian Crocheted trim is layered on top with glue dots.  The Jewelry Tag punch is stamped with 2 different Tiny Tags stamps and tied to the crocheted trim with Linen Thread.  The brad is hidden under the flower.

I used the 3" circle die to cut the Glimmer Paper circle. The Red Satin Ribbon is scrunched on a line of Sticky Strip.  In order to make the sticky strip curve to follow the circle's edge, I clipped it halfway in every 1/4-inch or so.  (Note: This method works well for adhering Glass Glitter, too.) I attached the front to the back with a Glimmer Brad through the center of the layered Boho Blossoms and added pearls to the centers of the flowers.


Here's a view of the inside.  I used Teeny Tiny Wishes to stamp the greeting inside each card.

I hope you enjoyed the Grown-ups Valentines!  I love the variety you can get when you add different embellishments to a few of the same simple foundation pieces.  The kids' cards are coming in my next post!









2 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! On the 3rd one down, did you seriously adhere those pearls one by one??? I can't imagine any other way but man there is no way it would've come out that nicely for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I didn't! The basic pearls have single pearls in 3 different sizes, and then they have strips of pearls that are attached. I think it took 3 or 4 strips to go around the circle, but it was really easy!

    ReplyDelete