25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday Sketch #247

Hi! Here’s today’s sketch from Utah Divas International. I had the honor of designing this sketch for the Divas from a card I’d already made and I knew this would be a slam-dunk week. No need to worry about creating a new card because I already had it made, right? Wrong. Apparently, between the time I designed the sketch and now, I not only lost the card, but I neglected to take a photo as well…

UDISC247 June 29

Luckily, I have a good memory, and I was able to recreate the card. I used a different color scheme this time. The original was made to look more like a sunflower with pumpkin pie daisies. I used Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze and Wisteria Wonder for the big flower. This combination gives it a completely different look, but I like that the design can be refreshed so easily with a different colors.

udisc247

And then as I began to post my blog, it occurred to me where I put the original card! So here’s a picture of both of them! My memory missed a few details, but I like both versions.

IMG_3527IMG_3529

So, here’s what I used on the new card:

Stamp Sets: Feel Goods, Secret Garden

Card Stock:  Pool Party, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slushie, Wild Wasabi

Ink: Calypso Coral, Strawberry Slushie

Framelits: Floral Frames, Secret Garden

Embossing Folders: Chevrons, Perfect Polka Dots

Punch: 1/2” Circle

 

And, the original card used:

Stamp Sets: Feel Goods, Secret Garden, Daydream Medallions

Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze, Wisteria Wonder, Gumball Green

Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie

Framelits: Floral Frames, Secret Garden

Embossing Folders: Chevrons, Perfect Polka Dots

That’s it for this week. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Independence Day celebration. In the meantime, enjoy making your own version of this week’s sketch! And be sure to stop by the UDI Blog to see what the rest of the design team created!

No comments:

Post a Comment