25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday #21

Welcome! I think I've finally recovered from convention brain!  It seems like with all of the swaps to make before convention and all of the sensory overload during convention, it takes awhile to acclimate to regular life again. :)  So this month's theme is Over the Rainbow, and here's what I came up with:



I decided to try out some of the new MDS tricks I learned at convention.  I used a stamp for the basket of the balloon, and a heart punch and a circle punch for the actual balloon.

To make the rainbow, I used a series of circle punches layered behind each other. Each are filled with designer paper, which is then moved outside the punch so that only the drop shadow is left showing.  I moved the shadow to the top left of the punch and copied it for each layer.  The purple layer is the front punch, and I left it filled with the same script designer paper that I used on the card base.

I hope you enjoyed my foray into MDS. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely awesome card, Michelle!!! I love the rainbow.
    Sue Erickson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card idea and thanks heaps for the explanation that goes along with this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete