25th Anniversary

25th Anniversary

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kindergarten Rocks!


Here is a scrapbook page I made for a Utah Divas International contest.  The theme was "Making the Grade" and the adorable child is borrowed because I don't have any of my own, and all of my school pictures are on slides that haven't been scanned yet.  It was the first day of Kindergarten, and she looks so ready to go to big girl school!

I used Soft Suede card stock as a base for this 6 x 6 page and Sahara Sand for the side panel.

"Kindergarten" is stamped in Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  I used the 1/2" circle  punch to punch out the letters from the "Rough Type" stamp set and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink.  Then I alternated using snail adhesive and dimensionals to adhere them  to 5/8" Pretty in Pink grossgrain ribbon. I used sticky strip to bunch one end of the ribbon and added pearls and a button from the Candy Cane designer buttons in the Holiday Mini.

I stamped the letters for "Rocks!" in Soft Suede with the Varsity Alphabet stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock.  I cut the letters out and adhered them with dimensionals and added Rhinestones for embellishment.

I had to wing it on the exclamation point by cutting one out of soft suede and using my 3-hole punch for the dot.  Then I glued them to Very Vanilla card stock and cut around them before adding them to the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment